Meredith Grant

Meredith Grant
Meredith Grant is an emerging Regional Victorian writer. She has been shortlisted for the Trudy Graham-Julie Lewis Lit. Awards for Prose, runner-up for the FAW Qld. Soapbox Article competition and most recently been awarded runner-up in the Writers Victoria Regional Members Writing Competition. She has also contributed to on-line Journals and had articles and personal memoirs published on-line. She studied Professional Writing and Editing at Ballarat University and has a strong focus on writing non-fiction. Her goal is to become a freelance writer where her contributions will cover her experience and knowledge on topics that sit close to her heart, including Australia's homeless epidemic, teenage depression and Australian adoption matters. She is currently working on her full length memoir she hopes to have published, until then her short memoir works are being submitted to various opportunities and competitions which she hopes will help raise her writing profile.

Saturday, 13 November 2010

First Rejection!

Yes, I am dissappointed to say that my manuscript has returned following an enduring 5 months of waiting to hear a verdict. 
I have to add that although the manuscript was eventually turned down, the publisher did find merit in the concept and did intitially show interest, asking for additional information in supporting the marketing of the book. 
Unfortunately, for me of course, the publisher needed to tap into a concept which would have a larger audience.
So all is not lost; my idea is still sound, I just need to grab the right publisher which can afford to take on a concept that perhaps doesn't target the largest of audiences.  In my opinion I believe my concept would address enough interest to warrent publishing.  Now my job is to seek and send once again.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...